RCT offices are open Monday through Friday except for holidays from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. RCT offices are not open on the following Federally designated Holidays: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (observed July 5, 2021), Labor Day, Indigenous Peoples' Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Transportation services previously scheduled for these days will be provided.
RCT services a wide range of passengers through several programs including: The Northeast Vermont Area Council on Aging, Adult Day Health Services, Northeast Kingdom Human Services, Central Vermont Council on Aging, and The Northeast Kingdom Community Action.
As a Medicaid transportation provider, RCT coordinates medical trips for Medicaid eligible residents, Elderly and Disabled programs as well as other organizations and the general public.
Shuttle bus routes provide rides to the general public.
The Jay-Lyn, the Highlander, and all shopping routes have deviated routes that are Wheelchair Accessible, ADA Compliant, and open to the General Public. If you live within 3/4 mile of the shuttle route and would like to ride the shuttle, please call (802) 748-8170 (1) business day in advance between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm to schedule a ride. The shuttles will not run on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- The Jay-Lyn travels between St. Johnsbury, Vermont, and Lyndonville Vermont
- The Highlander travels between Newport, Vermont and Derby Line, Vermont
Free Commuter Routes
Free Commuter Routes allow passengers to travel to such destinations as Barre, Montpelier, Morrisville, Waterbury and Littleton, NH.
- The US 2 Commuter provides rides between Lyndonville, Vermont, and Montpelier, Vermont
- The Twin City Route travels between Lyndonville, Vermont, and Littleton, New Hampshire
- The Rt15/14 Commuter travels between Morrisville, Vermont, and Barre, Vermont
Free shopping routes are also provided to rural areas.
Please check out our bus information for details and route maps.
Free Shopping Routes
Free Shopping Routes allow passengers to travel to stores and appointments in the community to get their errands done.
RCT has Six Free Shopping Routes:
- Island Pond Shopper: A shopping route that operates throughout Island Pond, Morgan, Derby, Newport and Charleston.
- Kingdom Shopper: A shopping route that operates from Island Pond, through Glover and Barton, to Derby and Back.
- Johnson Shopper: A shopping route that operates from Johnson to Morrisville and back.
- The Greenleaf: A shopping route that operates from Lyndonville to Woodsville, NH and back.
- The Morrisville Shopper: A shopping route that operates from Morrisville to Stowe and back.
- The Morrisville Loop: A shopping route that operates from Stowe to Morrisville and Back.
TITLE VI OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT
RCT operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin as stipulated in Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you feel you have been discriminated against based on your race, color, or national origin, you may file a written complaint with the Executive Director, Rural Community Transportation, Inc, 1677 Industrial Parkway, Lyndonville, VT 05851. A written complaint may also be filed with the Title VI Program Coordinator, FTA Office of Civil Rights, East Building, 5th Floor – TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., S.E., Washington, DC 02590, or a complaint may be made to the Vermont Agency of Transportation, Office of Civil Rights by calling 802-249-9291 or by using the complaint form on their website at http://vtrans.vermont.gov/civil-rights/compliance/titlevi/complaint. If you would like more information about your Title VI rights, you may call the Vermont Agency of Transportation, Office of Civil Rights, and request it to be provided to you, or you may view their website at http://vtrans.vermont.gov/civil-rights/compliance/titlevi.
REQUESTS FOR REASONABLE MODIFICATIONS
In accordance with FTA 49 CFR Parts 27 and 37, Rural Community Transportation, Inc. (RCT) is committed to ensuring a reliable, accessible experience for all customers. All requests for reasonable modifications to RCT programs and services will be considered on an individual basis. Please note that RCT may be unable to accommodate requests for reasonable modifications which would result in a fundamental alteration to the nature of RCT programs and services, or which would directly interfere with the health and safety of others. In the event that a barrier to access exists, but the requested modification cannot be granted, RCT will, to the maximum extent possible, assist in determining an alternate reasonable modification to provide equivalent access to its programs and services.