RCT Seeks Next Executive Director
Rural Community Transportation is looking for our next Executive Director to lead our public transportation non-profit organization to the next level by fostering a collaborative work culture, forging community partnerships, providing strong financial management and strategic leadership, and inspiring and leading an experienced and passionate team of dedicated staff and volunteers. Our staff and volunteers are the driving force, inspiration, and foundation of our amazing organization. This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity for an individual with effective communication skills, nonprofit experience, and organizational skills to guide the continuing growth and development of this dynamic organization.
Rural Community Transportation (RCT) is a nonprofit corporation that provides public transportation services throughout Caledonia, Orleans, Essex, and Lamoille Counties in Vermont. Our mission is to provide public transportation services for everyone that are safe, reliable, accessible, and affordable to enhance the economic, social, and environmental health of the communities we serve. RCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RCT is headquartered in Lyndonville, Vermont, a quintessential New England town in the special corner of Vermont called the Northeast Kingdom (NEK). The NEK is known for its beautiful landscapes, friendly communities, outstanding four-season outdoor recreational opportunities, and a robust arts and humanities scene. It is home to three excellent academic institutions: Lyndon Institute and St. Johnsbury Academy, which draw students from around the world, and Northern Vermont University. The NEK provides easy access to Quebec and its Eastern Townships and is only a few hours from Montreal, Boston, and Portland, Maine.
The executive director provides leadership and overall responsibility for the operations, growth and continued improvement of Rural Community Transportation, Inc. (RCT) including but not limited to long-term strategy, vision, financial management, climate, staff support, operations, and representation and collaboration within the community. The executive director is the chief administrative officer and is hired by and reports to the RCT Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, communication, and appropriate workplace behavior.
- Excellent program and operations planning/evaluation, and administrative skills
- Excellent fiscal management skills
- Excellent personnel management skills
- Strong community relations experience
- Ability to represent RCT and deal effectively with a broad range of people and organizations
- Ability to work with challenging situations and people
- Good public speaking/presentation and advocacy skills
- Strong interest in and commitment to the mission and goals of RCT
- Knowledge of or ability to learn facilities management
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security relevant to all operational areas
- Knowledge of or ability to learn VOSHA rules/regulations and safety compliance
- Experience managing federal and/or state grants
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of experience working in a nonprofit organization
- Five or more years of relevant executive management experience
- Certification by Community Transportation Association of America for Certified Transit Program Administrator and/or Certified Community Transit Manager
- Experience working with a Board of Directors in a nonprofit setting
- Two or more years of experience in public transportation
- Master’s degree in related field
Salary range is $115,000-$130,000.
The application deadline is July 1, 2022. A letter of interest and résumé may be submitted to EDSearch@riderct.org.